February is a short month, but it feels like just another regular old month. This month was filled with a bunch of highs and lows to be honest. I felt pretty good the first half of the month, what with all the fun posts on the blog and my life in general, but the second half of the month was harder for me, both personally and blog wise. I feel like I haven’t really been on my game and I want to change that in March. So, let’s get this show on the road so we can get into March already!
February is a short month, but it was filled with a bunch of different posts! The second half of the month has been pretty rough for me in many aspects, blogging included. However, I’m really proud of all the posts I put out, especially the number of reviews (I post at least 3 a week now, up from 2!):
- Review: The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine – I started the month off with a review of an amazing fantasy! You definitely need it in your life.
- Review: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge – I gave this book a second chance, after disliking it the first time around, and I can honestly say it floored me! I was so wrong the first time.
- Fictional Fever Week: Introduction Post – This was the intro post for a week long event I hosted at Fiery Reads! I had 7 lovely bloggers guest post for a Valentine’s Day themed event.
- Fictional Fever Week: Day 1 | Gee’s Valentine’s Dates! – Gee shared which fictional characters she’d be spending Valentine’s Day with.
- Fictional Fever Week: Day 2 | Hannah’s Favorite Platonic Relationships – Hannah shared her favorite platonic duos for day 2!
- Fictional Fever Week: Day 3 | Anissa’s Favorite Bloggers – In a week filled with love, Anissa shared some blogger love and showed us her favorite bloggers!
- Fictional Fever Week: Day 4 | Ava’s Favorite OTPs – What’s Valentine’s Day without your favorite fictional OTPs?
- Fictional Fever Week: Day 5 | Ari’s Favorite Love Triangles – Love ’em or hate ’em, they’re out there, and Ari shared her favorite love triangles (and other shapes!)
- Fictional Fever Week: Day 6 | Lillie’s Romantic Book Playlists – Books + Music = the best thing ever! Come check out these romantic bookish playlists curated by Lil!
- Fictional Fever Week: Day 7 | Paige’s Favorite Single Ladies – You don’t need no man to have a great Valentine’s Day, and Paige shared her favorite badass single ladies!
- Fictional Fever Week: Wrap Up – I ended the amazing week with a wrap up of all the posts from my lovely blogger friends–thanks again, guys!
- Discussion: Mental Health in YA Fantasy – My first discussion post of the week brings up something I feel there isn’t enough talk about: why isn’t there much (if any) mental illness in YA fantasy?
- ARC Review: Titans by Victoria Scott – I liked this book, but without romance, I didn’t find anything special about this contemporary.
- ARC Review: Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor – I was very eager to read this book, and I thought it was a really fun time travel story! (It comes out today, so go buy it!)
- ARC Review: Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie – I was SO excited for this book, but it was definitely not my cup of tea.
- Review: Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers – This was one of my most anticipated books of 2016, but it let me down.
- Review: Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan – I met the author when she was on tour with Victoria Aveyard, so I had to read her novel! I’m glad to say it was a light, fun, easy read 🙂
- ARC Review: Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate – This book took a bold move and tried 7 different POVs! Did it work out? Check out my review and see what I thought 😉
- Disney Princess Book Tag – I had almost 2 full weeks with just reviews, so I decided to post this fun tag! I mean, who doesn’t like Disney princesses?
- Discussion: Can You Love a Book but Hate the Ending? – Lots of people knock down books a star or two if they dislike the ending, but what if the book was amazing? What do you do then? Let’s discuss!
- Reviews: Blackhearts and The Girl From Everywhere – For my last post, I grouped two pirate-y books I read recently into one post. Which one did I like more? Come see for yourself!
I read the same amount of books this month as I did last month, so I call this a success! Plus, I read some hella long books *cough* Winter *cough*. This month, I read a total of 14 books and 6,079 pages (holy hell that’s a lot of pages). I read all the books I had on my February TBR.
Reviewed: The Impostor Queen, Titans, Burning Glass, Into the Dim, Assassin’s Heart, Reign of Shadows, Seven Ways We Lie, Blackhearts and The Girl From Everywhere
Total books read so far this year: 28/100
Reading 14 books definitely does help out with the challenges! I pretty much stuck to new releases for the most part, and I want to try and get to some backlist titles next month, but here’s how I did for my challenges in February:
Rock My TBR: 4/15 books (Cress, Fairest and Winter)
Debut Authors 2016: 9/15+ (Burning Glass, Into the Dim, Assassin’s Heart, Blackhearts, The Girl From Everywhere and Seven Ways We Lie)
Flights of Fantasy: 13/20 (Burning Glass, Cress, Assassin’s Heart, Reign of Shadows, Fairest, Winter, The Girl From Everywhere, The Forbidden Wish and A Gathering of Shadows)
Re-Read Challenge: 5/8 (None this month)
Retelling Challenge: 1/9 (Cress, Assassin’s Heart, Reign of Shadows, Fairest, Winter and The Forbidden Wish)
Series-a-Month: 1/12 (None this month)